“It is the only way forward “
Our second brokering lunch was held last Thursday (24th July), at 12 Jordan Street (of course!) We moved to a larger, cooler room this time, which we really needed on such a swelteringly hot day, and happily the atmosphere remained cool and relaxed.
A mix of people from the private, public and VCSE sectors were there, to meet new people, talk to people they heard of but hadn’t met, and make some interesting connections.After a brief introduction by Rosemary, everyone quickly got stuck into the food and the chat. There were plenty of intense-looking one-to-one conversations, and diaries were out across the room, making appointments to follow up the discussions. Over twenty people came, and we had some excellent feedback:
“Well organised” “excellent hospitality and very useful” “Well done”
Several people told us how pleased they were that they’d been able to meet council and health representatives in a relaxed environment for an unpressured talk. Over the next few months we’ll be helping people to follow up links and develop their collaborative working
Once again, the excellent lunch was provided by COFFEE & FANDISHA, who will be opening soon at the back of 12 Jordan Street – we ordered extra cake this time, which was much appreciated, particularly the Victoria sponge with fresh cream and raspberries – oh yes, and the banana cake!
Who was there?
- Nick Allen – Procurement Manager, Liverpool Community Health
- Ashley Colvin – Red Ninja
- Janine Davies – Genie in the Gutter
- Mario Delpinto – Manager, Autumn Lodge Care Home
- Carolyn Edwards – Genie in the Gutter
- Jon Holmes – Milky Tea
- Angela Howarth – Angela’s Tai Chi School
- Charlotte Hinel – Registered Manager, Wings Care
- Maire Gollock – Centre 56
- Trevor Ingham – Head of Procurement, Liverpool City Council
- Cllr Rosie Jolly – CEO, SEN Together/ Liverpool City Council
- Gemma Jones – Registered Manager, Wings Care
- Jan McDermott – Link Mediation
- Chris Morland – Citrus Suite
- Cllr Gary Millar – Liverpool City Council
- Sue Neely – Public Health, Liverpool City Council
- Paul Nolan – The Mersey Forest
- Lee Omar- Red Ninja
- Verity Rhodes – Center Manager, Vee’s Place
- Phil Rigby – Liverpool City Council/ Liverpool Enterprise Partnership
- Max Zadow – CEO, Future Coders
Our next event will be in mid September. We thinking about have a focus on Housing next time as some of the Registered Providers are interested in getting involved. Attendees vary each time so that we can make new connections but also keep developing the links we have facilitated. If you are looking to develop your collaborative working and are open to working with new organisations, do get in touch and if we can facilitate introductions we will be happy to do so.