On Friday 6th June we invited some of the organisations we have been working with to come along to our first brokering lunch, in the new meeting room at 12 Jordan Street, and make some interesting connections.
People started arriving at midday, and immediately the room was full of lively chat – so much so that we had difficulty dragging people away to make new introductions! Everyone we invited came, and we had some excellent feedback:
“Great idea” “Like-minded people and social value synergy” “Let’s do it again!”
“You might want to try starting a dating agency” “When’s the next one?”
“Met some really interesting and enterprising people”
“Awesome” “Great people. Great lunch. Let’s do it more often.“
“Lovely food in a beautiful environment”
Several people reported that they would be following up the contacts they’d made, and a few had already put meetings in their diaries. We will be helping people to follow up links and develop their collaborative working.
The excellent lunch was provided by COFFEE & FANDISHA, who will be opening later in June at the back of 12 Jordan Street – the delicious bread was home-baked and the cakes had us all reaching for more. We wanted to support this new start up business and everyone who attended will be coming back to sample more of their Ethiopian spiced popcorn and homemade cakes.
Who was there?
- Clare Campbell – Big Love Sista
- Jon Holmes – Milky Tea
- Chris Morland and Steve Donovan – Citrus Suite
- Peter Fearon – Film Producer/TV director
- Dave Antrobus – Lay member, Liverpool CCG Board
- Di Burbidge – Chinese Wellbeing
- Angus Chukuemeka – Crawford House
- Lee Omar and Ashley Colvin – Red Ninja
- Greg Walker – Create UK
- Carolyn Edwards and Janine Davies– Genie in the Gutter
- Maire Gollock – Centre 56
- Joe Leggett – Woodlands Rest Home
- Julie Shorrock – business supporter to social enterprise
- Cate Murphy – SSDT and CoSE
- Ann McCann – Redholme Memory Care and Liverpool Care Home Partnership
We will be making these events a regular occurrence every 6- 8 weeks. Attendees will vary each time so that we can make new connections but also keep developing the links we have facilitated. If you are looking to develop your collaborative working and are open to working with new organisations, do get in touch and if we can facilitate introductions we will be happy to do so.